Apple has officially announced the creation of three Apple One subscription bundles which match up some of Apple’s most popular subscription services for one low price per package. The tiered subscription bundles will be available later this fall. We first reported the news in August when speculation about the bundles was leaked. At that time, it was thought Apple might create as many as five packages, each with a different set of subscription services at different price points.
“Apple One makes enjoying Apple subscription services easier than ever, including Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, iCloud, and more,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, in a news release. “With Apple One, you can access the best of Apple entertainment across all your favorite devices with one simple subscription.”
Three all-in-one subscription bundles
Apple is offering the following three subscription bundles, ranging in price from $14.95 to $29.95 per month:
New subscribers will get a free one-month trial on any services they have not already tried or are actively using. The services remain available on the platforms where they are currently available.
The Premier package is the only package that includes Apple Fitness+, a new fitness app currently in development. The app, which will be available later this fall, works in conjunction with the Apple Watch. It includes workouts from top trainers with new workouts (e.g., rowing, strength training, yoga, etc.) added every week at all levels of fitness. Current Apple Watch owners will get the first month of Apple Fitness+ free. After that, the subscription service is available for $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year. New purchasers of the Apple Watch will get the first three months of Apple Fitness+ free.
Register for our next Workshop!
What will you learn?
Subscription service highlights
Highlights of the individual services included in the Apple One subscription bundle, except for Apple Fitness+ which is noted above, include the following:
- Apple Music has over 70 million songs to stream live or download, ad-free.
- Apple TV+ offers Apple original shows and movies. It will later include licensed TV and movie content not produced by Apple.
- Apple Arcade is Apple’s new mobile gaming service with 100 games, free of ads and in-app purchases.
- iCloud allows users to keep their photos, videos and files safe but easily accessible in the cloud from any location. Apple One iCloud users get 50GB of storage included in their subscription bundle. Additional storage is available at an additional cost, depending on a subscriber’s location.
- Apple News+ is Apple’s premium news offering. All iOS users get access to Apple News, but Apple News+ includes news from additional newspapers and magazines.
Apple did not specify a release date except to say that Apple One is coming this fall.
Apple users benefit from lower prices on the services they use the most and by paying one monthly bill for all their favorite Apple subscriptions. Apple benefits by exposing subscribers to new services they might not currently be using, such as Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade, which could improve long-term retention while lowering customer acquisition costs.