Learn how subscription growth stalls when subscriber acquisition costs exceed subscriber LTV and what to do about it. While many subscription teams strive to reduce ad costs by optimizing their ad creatives, landing pages, and trial subscription offers, true breakthroughs in growth come from a different perspective.
Despite the widespread belief that subscription business teams understand CAC, CAC Payback, and Lifetime Value (LTV), they often find themselves defaulting to the same old strategies that yield only marginal improvements, at best. Learn why increasing subscriber CAC is the key to exponential growth in this on-demand session. We also explore an eye-opening case study of a subscription business that achieved a remarkable 9X profitable growth surge by increasing Cost Acquisition Cost (CAC) from $50 to $175.
What we cover in this on-demand training video:
- The counterintuitive approach to increasing subscription growth by intentionally increasing Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC).
- How to break free from tired strategies and unlock exponential growth by understanding the true potential of CAC, CAC Payback, and Lifetime Value (LTV).
- A real-life example of a subscription business that achieved 9X growth by strategically raising their CAC from $50 to $175.
- Why trial subscriptions and lower prices often lead to LOWER new subscriber acquisition rates.
- A must-have strategy for subscription businesses fueling growth via customer cash flows rather than outside funding.
This session is designed for strategic leaders of subscription businesses who are buying advertising to fuel subscription growth or want to.
Presentation Slides (PDF
About Our Experts
Robert Skrob, CEO, Membership Services
For more than two decades, Robert Skrob has helped hundreds of membership programs launch and then grow from start-ups to become some of the largest membership and subscription companies in the world. After beginning his career as the leading membership growth expert for nonprofits and political organizations, in 2004 Robert pioneered monthly continuity subscriptions with for-profit membership and subscription programs. Robert’s profound understanding of what members ardently want from their membership relationships enables him to help you build connections with members that last for years. In a world where excessive churn rates are all too common and even accepted, Robert is able to transform subscription programs from what he calls “a series of one-night stands” into long-term relationships.
Kathy Greenler Sexton, CEO, Subscription Insider
Kathy Greenler Sexton is the CEO of Subscription Insider and a recognized expert in subscription business models, market strategy, brand development, and information products. Subscription Insider is an information company focused on delivering news and insight for growing profitable subscription businesses