You probably already know that Amazon is raising its annual rate from $119 to $139 per year and its monthly rate from $12.99 to $14.99 a month. But did you know that Amazon Prime is one of the most used membership programs in the world? Here are a few highlights that show the magnitude of their reach.
- In a 2020 survey, 31% of respondents considered Amazon Prime Video an essential video service, second only to Netflix.
- In January 2020, Amazon Music had 55 million subscribers worldwide, up from 32 million in April 2019.
- In 2020, Amazon Prime grew from 150 million to 200 million members globally.
- In 2021, Amazon Shopping was the second leading shopping app in the U.S., surpassed only by Walmart Shopping & Grocery.
- In 2022, 76.6% of U.S. households had an Amazon Prime membership.
Table of Contents
- Global net revenue of Amazon 2014-2021, by product group
- Quarterly global net revenue of Amazon 2021, by product group
- Amazon operating income 2014-2021, by segment
- Amazon total paying Prime members 2020
- Number of Amazon Prime subscribers in the U.S. 2014-2021
- Total number of U.S. households with an Amazon Prime subscription 2018-2022
- Share of Amazon Prime subscribers in the U.S. 2015-2021
- Most visited multi-platform U.S. web properties 2021
- Total global visitor traffic to Amazon.com 2021
- Most popular e-commerce apps in the U.S. 2019, by reach
- Leading shopping apps in the U.S. 2021, by monthly active users
- Most popular entertainment apps in the U.S. 2019, by reach
- Most popular entertainment apps in the U.S. 2019, by audience
- Leading iPhone entertainment apps in the U.S. 2021, by downloads
- Annual number of orders by U.S. Amazon Prime & non-Prime members 2018
- Average spending of Amazon Prime & non-Prime members 2015-2019
- Average spending of U.S. Amazon Echo owners and Prime members 2017
- Most popular U.S. Amazon product categories 2019
- Key factors for U.S. users to shop via Amazon 2020
- Amazon Prime features used by online shoppers in the U.S. 2020
- Familiarity with Amazon Prime delivery services in the U.S. 2020
- Impact of Amazon Prime delivery on Gen Z purchase in the U.S. 2020
- Impact of Amazon Prime delivery on Millennials’ purchases in the U.S. 2020
Amazon Prime Day
- Amazon Prime Day sales worldwide 2015-2021
- U.S. Amazon Prime Day conversion rate 2017-2019
- Amazon Prime Day marketplace sales share worldwide 2015-2021
- Degree of satisfaction Amazon Prime Days past customers Octobr 2020
- Reasons why people did not attend past Amazon Prime Days in Italy October 2020
- Usage of media platforms by brand in the U.S. 2018
- Video services considered essential by consumers in the U.S. 2020
- Digital video purchases by brand in the U.S. 2021
- SVOD service multiple subscriptions in the U.S. 2020
- Coronavirus: SVOD audience change U.S. 2020, by service
- Emmy Awards: nominations by studio 2021
- Emmy Awards: nominations by network 2016-2021
- Number of awards per television network for the 2022 Golden Globes
- Amazon Music subscribers worldwide 2019-2020
- Amazon Music listeners in the U.S. 2017-2023
Spotlight: online grocery shopping during COVID-19
- Effect of COVID-19 on U.S. consumer spending on online marketplaces 2020
- Weekly growth in YoY retail sales due to COVID-19 in the U.S. 2020, by retail sector
- COVID-19 impact on top search terms on Amazon.com in March 2020
- Product categories most purchased by U.S. Amazon Prime members as of April 2020
- Amazon’s private label food sales in the U.S. in 2019, by product category
- Amazon’s private label food sales growth in the U.S. in 2019, by category
View or download these statistics for a deeper look into Amazon Prime membership, Prime members’ shopping habits and their usage of Amazon media, available exclusively to Subscription Insider members.