There are some great subscription billing vendors available today with new products and services being offered all the time. But not every subscription billing vendor is right for every subscription company. The key is finding one that fits your company’s needs and that can scale and grow with you. In this Subscription Insider exclusive cheat sheet, we offer the top 13 questions you should ask prospective subscription billing vendors.
- How does the vendor map to your subscription company’s business requirements?
2. What is the vendor’s industry focus and background?
3. What payment gateway and/or processors do they support?
4. Do the vendor’s features and functions map to your specific business needs?
5. How robust are their administrative tools? Who are they intended for?
6. What tools do they have to support revenue recovery?
7. How robust are the dashboards and reports for analysis – Financial? Retention? Customer Service? Marketing? Can they be customized?
8. How well does the subscription billing solution support multiple languages, currencies, etc.?
9. How easily and quickly can the solution be implemented?
10. How easily does the vendor’s subscription billing solution integrate with other systems? Standard integrations? APIs? Customization?
11. How robust are the vendor’s security features?
12. What is the projected set-up time? What costs and other resources are involved?
13. Is the company financially stable? How is their performance rated by subscription companies similar in size and scope to yours?
Bonus tip! As we mentioned in our last member meetup about how to choose the right technology solution for your business, Subscription Insider CEO’s Kathy Greenler Sexton’s golden rule is always choose three vendors to interview. Read the recap and more about Kathy’s golden rule here.
Download this Subscription Insider exclusive to use the next time you are interviewing subscription billing vendors.