WW International, formerly known as Weight Watchers, kicks off 2021 with an all-new, digital subscription service – Digital 360 (D360). The new program is designed specifically for digital users who are always on the go and who want extra support and motivation to support a healthy lifestyle. The D360 subscription program offers WW coaches who are experts in fitness, mindfulness and applied clinical psychology.
Through the new D360 digital subscription, WW members have access to exclusive content, live coaching, and special virtual events. They also become part of the D360 digital community who encourage and inspire each other. Initially, D360 will be available in the United States and the United Kingdom. WW plans to roll out the app globally later this year.
CEO/president shares thoughts
“With such an overwhelmingly positive response to the November launch of myWW+, our newest and most personalized program followed by all WW members, we are thrilled to offer D360 – an entirely new way for members to choose to do WW,” said Mindy Grossman, WW CEO and president in the January 4, 2021 announcement.
“Coaching is the heartbeat of WW, and our expert D360 Coaches will not only support our members with their expertise and advice, but they will also introduce them to a variety of thought leaders at the forefront of wellness – to offer their unique perspectives to our members on how to reach their goals, improve their health and achieve a life filled with possibility,” Grossman added.
Unique content and experiences
The D360 digital subscription includes a range of unique content and experiences including the following:
- Daily inspiration: Coaches will share “engaging and motivating behavior change wellness lessons” each day.
- CoachLIVES: Coaches will host daily, interactive, streaming sessions that explore the WW program, meditation, workouts and cooking demos, among other topics. D360 subscribers who can’t watch live can access the sessions on-demand at their convenience through the app.
- WalkTalks with celebrities and influencers: D360 features a walk-and-learn podcast featuring guests like Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, paired with an audio walking workout.
- Weighing In podcast: Another podcast features WW members who share their experiences on the wellness journey, including struggles and successes. The podcast will be led by Dr. Allison Grupski, a clinical psychologist, and WW’s director of behavior change strategies and coaching.
- LIVE experiences: D360 subscribers will be invited to participate in live and interactive events with wellness leaders who will inspire and motivate members. These experiences build on the success of Oprah’s 2020 Vision tour.
D360 + myWW+
D360 subscribers will follow the myWW+ program where WW members develop a personalized plan to help them achieve their health and wellness goals. The interactive app helps members track their ZeroPoint™ foods, water intake, exercise, weight, and sleep, and members are rewarded with points they can spend on merchandise for recording their progress. Members also have access to the WW digital community, recipes, health tips and more.
The myWW+ program starts at $3.22 per week. D360 starts at $4.61 per week. WW offers two additional programs as well, one which includes unlimited workshops + the digital experience, starting at $6.92 a week, and the other which includes 1-on-1 coaching + the digital experience, starting at $13.85 per week. WW is currently running a promotion, available through January 11, 2021. Additional plan details and the promotional offer terms and conditions are available online.
WW, which has been around for 55 years, has reimagined weight loss in a way that fits today’s digital consumer who wants an individualized program, digital tools and online community support. Coaching, podcasts and inspiration from celebrities and influencers are a nice, new addition. The new D360 program shows that WW is member-centric, which will earn them loyalty and provide another recurring revenue stream. And, of course, kicking the new program off at the start of the new year – and during a pandemic – is a no brainer, when so many of us are reevaluating our health and fitness and striving to do better.